Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Chrysler Picket Line Notes

Against all my fears, we walked out of the building shortly after 11:00 this morning and headed for the picket line.  Not a good feeling, I assure you.

I would much rather have been at my desk earning a living.  But that's not the case.

My first taste on carrying a sign this afternoon was mixed.  Yeah, there were those idiots that screamed and hollered at foreign cars as they turned in, and those that behaved like children on recess, but for the most part, things were well behaved.  That could change if this lasts more than a week.

Second time around is tomorrow morning at 6:00 am.  Not looking forward to it - it promises to be a cold morning with rain.  Yuck...

UPDATE!!!

It appears that the strike against Chrysler is over.  Details are pending, but at least I'll be back at work tomorrow.

No comments: