Saturday, February 25, 2006

Random Thoughts & Topics

First off, I need to state that I am needing to take a little time off from blogging. Life and an insane work schedule are catching up to me. The result is that I'm starting to shoot from the hip on my responses to comments on this and other blogs. Not a good thing, to say the least, especially if I can't hold a decent train of thought while I'm typing. I will use this time to put in some decent research on a couple of topics that I believe are important. Hope you will find them as interesting as I do. I do intend on visiting your blogs just to keep up with what your interests are, and commenting if I can do so intelligently.

Dan, your comments are welcome here, even though we may disagree on a variety of topics. Our sparring on this site as well as others helped me realize that I need to pull back, regroup, and get my head back on straight. We all need to be challenged once in a while to keep a sense of reality. Thanks for that. And yes, in the interests of trying to keep a fair & balanced opinion, you have been added to the blogroll for readers of this blog.

Now on to a few random topics inspired by the headlines and other places:

Partial Birth Abortion to be reviewed by the Supreme Court: I don't think there was a single person that followed the Rogers and Alito hearings and didn't know that there would be a case concerning abortion coming up before the Supreme Court. No matter which side you are on, this will be interesting.

Weapons of Mass destruction not found in Iraq: We know that Iraq had WMDs because he used them on his own people (the Kurds) and in the war with Iran. Any explanations of where they are now have simply not held up to scrutiny. So where are they now?

Where is your tax dollar going? How much is being wasted on unnecessary and ineffective programs & services? Waste is present in both military and social programs, and we all would like to know what is being done to cut it out.

What is your take on the state of America? Your opinion, please!

Does the ACLU represent your opinions? Again, your opinion, please! I think I'll stop for now...

5 comments:

Pirate said...

No the Anti Christian Liberals Union does not speak for me.

The state of the union is good and has rarely been as it is now.

The only reason there is so much angst of late is because the left leaning liberals in the press and the politicians running against Republicans who want to paint bad picture to motivate the voting masses.

Teresa said...

I am not a fan of the ACLU and it does not speak for me.

I think the state of America is pretty good. Could it be better? Sure, it could always be better but I would rather be here than anywhere else in the world, thank you very much.

Pamela Reece said...

The state of America? Our Union is where it should be... fighting the global war on terrorism, keeping our national security a top priority, supporting our military, creating jobs, increasing the economy, looking at the reversal of Roe v. Wade. The ACLU? They serve no purpose and definitely do NOT speak for me. Never have, never will.

Dan Trabue said...

"We know that Iraq had WMDs because he used them on his own people ..."

My favorite joke on this (except it wasn't really a joke) was, "We know that Iraq had wmds because we still had the receipts." Funny and sadly true all at once.

The State of the Union? I fear we're horribly divided and having difficulties communicating betwixt ourselves. I fear that Bush has done much more to promote terrorism in spite of all his doubtlessly sincere attempts to fight it. I fear that we're making poor decisions and policies now that we'll regret later. I fear that corporations have way too much control and power currently.

On the positive side, we are still a free nation with great deal of liberty and responsibility, people are concerned about our lifestyles and perhaps in a position to re-evaluate what's important and what's not.

The ACLU? Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't represent my feelings. Even when they don't, though, I'm glad they're there doing what they do. It's important that we have someone watching out for our civil liberties - even if they do sometimes fight the wrong battles.

Tom said...

Thanks again everyone. There's lots to write about these topics, and I intend to one day.