Friday, March 10, 2006

Dubai Deal

Listening to the radio coming back home, I listened to Rush Limbaugh read excerpts from the following article at American Thinker. Somewhat interesting after the this deal has apparently fallen through.

Now while I admit to having misgivings on this deal (and I still do), I didn't have any idea that so many of our terminals were under the control of foreign companies or interests. Not what I had thought at all.

Regardless, this entire episode has been mishandled by the Bush Administration. Perhaps if it had not seemed to be so clandestine or "under the table" might have changed public opinion. Or maybe our mindset has been changed to reflect a certain amount of paranoia where there is a Middle Eastern country involved, especially with our thoughts on 9/11, Iraq, and Iran. What do you think?

2 comments:

Pirate said...

I personally thought form the beginning that the opposition was relying on people's lack of information.

Since i am an industrial appraiser I have had the opportunity to work around the docks and have known for sometime so many are ran by oversea companies.

long beach california has been ran by the Chicoms since early Clinton II.

I have so much tosay on this but it has alrady been said so many times.

Mike's America said...

I think we just screwed ourselves by slapping around one of your friends to the delight of our enemies.